Have you noticed the Tuesday Business Section feature of the Democrat and Chronicle, Women at Work, authored by Rochester Women's Network members? We invite all RWN members to submit articles about work life and advancement.
Criteria for articles are as follows:
- Educational and informative - cannot be self-promoting or sales focused
- 300 words in length
- Include another "voice" - quote another RWN member or business person
- Include your professional portrait photo, hi-res .jpg preferred
- Include a one line bio and some indication of your involvement with RWN - member, committees, length of membership, etc. and your e-mail address if you wish.
- Column space is open to RWN members only
- Signed contract with the D&C is required
- RWN writers have the permission of the D&C to publish their articles on their own websites and to forward them via social media. If the writer wants to re-publish the article in another venue such as a professional journal, the writer must gain permission for that from the D&C each time they want to publish.
Submit articles to Kim Wilborn, Women at Work Column Lead Editor, at WomenAtWork@rwn.org . Articles will be forwarded to a RWN review committee and then on to the Democrat and Chronicle (They will edit as well.)