|2016 Summit Business Conference
More than 79₵, Realizing Your Value and Worth
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 | Double Tree by Hilton, Rochester
On September 28, 2016, join Rochester Women's Network for their annual Summit Business Conference, titled "More than 79₵: Realizing Your Value & Worth”. The daylong event includes interactive breakout sessions that will educate and empower participants to recognize and respond productively to career situations that perpetuate equal pay challenges. Participants may choose three breakout sessions to tailor the day to meet your own needs and interests.
During lunch RWN will present the 2016 Up & Coming Businesswomen Awards to Michelle Ames, Michelle Arbore, Tamara MacDuff, Michelle Roberts and Sarah Wesley. The Awards Luncheon will feature keynote speaker, Catherine Cerulli, JD, PhD. Dr. Cerulli will present an exploration of the state of gender fairness in pay and benefits women receive on the job. She will discuss findings from a local survey conducted by the Coalition on Pay Equity. The findings will cover pay equity issues by industry, as well as the subtle ways women expressed feeling discrimination in the work place. The talk will conclude with some helpful hints about what we can do about discrimination—regardless of whether we are a manager or employee.
- Theresa Lou Bowick: “Picture Yourself in Lights”
- Cheryl La Tray: "Ask When You Think You Can't"
- Laura Meyers: “Opening the Tool Kit”
- Allison O'Malley: “Owning Your Power: Be Brave”
- Dena Phillips Swanson: “I Got This: Managing Workplace Biases so They Don't Control You”
- Lisa Powers: “ Fashion your Money life: Use personal Style to Your Best Advantage in the Boardroom and Beyond”
Agenda for the Day: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 8:00-8:30 Registration/Breakfast/Vendors/Networking
- 8:30-8:45 Opening Remarks
- 8:45-10:00 Breakout Session 1
- 10:00-10:15 Vendors & Networking
- 10:15-11:30 Breakout Session 2
- 11:30-12:00 Vendors & Networking
- 12:00-1:45 Up & Coming Celebration/Keynote by Catherine Cerulli/Lunch
- 1:45-2:00 Vendors & Networking
- 2:00-3:15 Breakout Session 3
- 3:15- 4:30 Structured Networking Mixer and Vendor Marketplace Open